Sunday, June 16, 2013

My June Birchbox


I was really excited when my June Birchbox arrived. I had actually just splurged on a bunch of new makeup and hair products at Ulta because the summer has arrived in full force and I needed products with SPF and to keep my hair feeling soft and not dry and damaged from the heat and chlorine. I think this service is amazing! What a fabulous idea to try out items that you potentially may or may not love. It's super fun to get snail mail and a lot of the times I end up getting products that I wouldn't have thought to buy myself, but really end up loving and wanting to make them part of my beauty routine. The theme of this month's box was Wanderlust and all of the products are good for summer travel. The mint green nail polish is adorable. I cannot wait to wear it when I don't have school because I know it will make me look even tanner. The new Juicy Couture perfume Couture La La was a little strong for my taste. I have such an allegiance to Mark Jacobs when it comes to fragrance that it is hard for me to really get into anything else. The little samples are still great though because you can throw them in your cosmetic bag in your purse and use them for a touch up after a long day if you end up going out for happy hour or dinner after school or work. The best item in the box was for sure the Keratase. You apply it after the shower while hair is damp and then style normally. It made my hair so soft. I was disappointed to find that the full size was $42 because that is a little steep, but you don't need a lot at one time and the great thing about Birchbox is they give you rewards points for your purchases, referring friends and reviewing the products in the box each month. I reviewed these products and then used my points to buy a sunscreen stick, nautical hair ties, chapstick and I got to choose two more samples. I would recommend to anyone that they sign up for this service. Even if you aren't super into your beauty and hair routine this gives you the chance to find things you like and can work seamlessly into your daily routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment