Sunday, July 20, 2014

Work


I love the saying, "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life." 

The past few weeks of transitioning from being a dental student to an actual dentist have been a true test of my happiness in this career. The alarm goes off at 5:30 AM these days as I commute from home. I have had to do extractions that I never would have even thought of attempting a few months ago. I carry around a beeper every few days so I can go flying into the ER when it goes off. All of these things would probably make me miserable if I didn't love what I do so much. 

11 months from now I will probably never take care of another lip laceration, but in the mean time my confidence as a practitioner and my love of this field is growing exponentially. I am so happy that I chose this job at St. Francis and I am very grateful for my co-residents who make every day a little more fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment