Monday, October 14, 2013

Umami


On Thursday afternoon we had a serious treat- a half day of school! We almost never have any afternoons off so we knew we had to make the most of it. The weather was cool and I was so excited to spend some time outside and enjoy the beautiful (almost) fall weather. I was even able to wear my J.Crew field jacket and a scarf to walk around. Josh and I headed to Pasadena for some pre-interview season shopping. I had hoped to find a shirt to wear under my suit. Unfortunately there wasn't much to match with my brown skirt and jacket, but I did get a pretty coral swing sweater on clearance at J.Crew. The big win of the day came at lunch. We stumbled upon Umami Burger and decided we needed to give it a try. No lie, this was the best burger of my life. I ordered the Truffle Burger medium rare. I almost never order my meat that way, but our waiter suggested that we have the burger cooked like that to get the full flavor of the meat. I am so glad I listened! The burger literally melted in your mouth. The bun was perfect and stamped with the signature "U", the ketchup was homemade and full of tomato flavor and the fries were shoestring cut and crispy. We basically ate in silence relishing in the utter deliciousness of it all. I highly recommend it to all red meat eaters. Umami takes the cake! This is the best burger in LA!

Photo credit: Josh Hoa Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment