Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kiss Kiss


For years I absolutely refused to wear lipstick. I think it may have had something to do with 10 years of dance recitals and feeling like a clown in my stage makeup. Looking at those photos still makes me cringe a little. Last year the bold lip trend started getting big and I watched all my friends buy and wear these amazing rich lip colors that looked so beautiful. I literally made Kendall accompany me to Sephora and act as my moral support while I tried on my first red lip stain. It was a lot to take in. But at the same time I loved it (and so did she thankfully, I always trust her opinion).

Since then I have been experimenting much more with lip color. My old faithful has been anything from the Sephora brand. You can't beat the price and the selection. With spring skipped completely in California, and slowly approaching in Connecticut, I felt it was time to look for some new shades to take me into the warmer weather. I had read some great things about the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie collection on a few different blogs and decided to get two very everyday colors to start. Since getting these colors a few weeks ago they have been on non-stop rotation. The color of the lipstick is so pretty and the minty scent adds a little something that you don't get in other lipsticks. The gloss has a very good applicator and doesn't feel overly sticky. There are some really beautiful colors in both the stick and the stain so if you are planning on amping up your makeup collection in the lip department, try something new and marvelous, the Moxie!

1 comment: