Sunday, April 14, 2013

Girl's Day Out

So yesterday Kendall, Christina and I had the perfect girls day out. We started with brunch/lunch at Porto's in Glendale. The place is an absolute madhouse, but they have a ton of seating and the sandwiches and pastries are so delicious you forget about the chaos and just indulge. I highly recommend getting a sandwich on a croissant. They are so flaky and buttery! YUM! Next we went to the Americana at Brand. I am obsessed with this mall. I like the Grove for sure. It wins me over with the Sprinkles Bakery and J.Crew Men's Shop, but the Americana has a better vibe. It was full of people but not once did I get run over by a stroller or feel like I couldn't get the attention of a salesperson to help me. It was a actually a relaxing shopping experience and the selection is spot on. I grabbed another pair of my favorite heels at H&M for $15 in blue and got a cute new Lululemon workout top. We grabbed drinks at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and I came so close to finding my perfect banquet dress. It was unfortunately a size too small. but now I am going to be on the lookout for a very similar style- sweetheart neckline maxi dress with double slits. I also popped into Baby Disney, had a heart attack over how cute everything was and got my godson Gianni the cutest Nemo sandals ever for summer.
In J.Crew I splurged a little on the perfect Spring jacket. I have been looking everywhere for something versatile and in my favorite neutral- navy! When I saw the downtown field jacket online I had high hopes. As soon as I put it on I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. The style is very classic and it can transition through the seasons based on accessories. Don't forget to use your student ID; J.Crew offers 15% off all regular price purchases! I cannot wait to wear it!
The Downtown Field Jacket, J.Crew, $148 (Also in Mossy Brown)

Our last stop of the evening was a long-overdue trip to our absolute favorite eatery, Katsuya by Stark. We usually go to the one in Hollywood, though I have now been to 5 locations across SoCal. The Katsuya at the Americana is more casual and less expensive. They have many outdoor tables with heaters which are perfect for viewing the water show on the fountain. We tried a few new rolls including the Lemon Salmon and Katsuya rolls along with appetizers like the Corn Fritters and our all-time number one pick, the Creamy Rock Shrimp Tempura. For me the best dish of the night went to the Crispy Brussel Sprouts. I could have easily eaten an order myself. They are definitely going on my must-order list. Doesn't the food look to die for?


No comments:

Post a Comment