Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Dinner


I felt totally unproductive today, but then again I didn't really have anything I had to do. I cleaned the bathroom and went to Target and somehow spent a small fortune on everything from the Justin Timberlake CD (Yes, I didn't have it yet! GASP!) to a brush to clean my water bottle. I decided I needed to channel my energy into dinner. I had made the most delicious crab cakes when Elliott was visiting so I thawed the last one and started concocting. The recipe for the crab cakes and spicy remoulade sauce came from Gwenyth Paltrow's cookbook My Father's Daughter which I love for both the name and the deliciousness inside. I adapted the sauce to be made with plain nonfat greek yogurt instead of Mayo. I had some eggplant leftover from making eggplant fries last week and sauteed that up. Lastly, I made the most phenomenal kale salad with sauteed onions. The recipe calls for just a little bit of soy sauce and a sprinkle of cheese on top. It is one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.

Wilted Greens Salata by Giada De Laurentis 
Ingredients
2 bunches Swiss chard, or kale (or 1 bunch each)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 ounces ricotta salata cheese or parmesan 
Directions
Wash the greens, but do not dry. Trim the large stems and coarsely chop. Set aside.

Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 4 minutes longer. Add the greens, chicken broth, soy sauce, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the greens have wilted and become tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.

Transfer the cooked greens to a serving plate and crumble the ricotta salata cheese over the top.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/wilted-greens-with-ricotta-salata-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment