Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Wrapped

Even though my boards exam is only a week away from today, I took some time out over the weekend to de-stress and see my friends. On Saturday morning I attended an amazing bridal shower for my friend Christina at the Tranquil Tea Lounge in Fullerton. It was a beautiful place with a perfect room for an intimate get together. The teas were incredible and the paninis, salad and scones were delicious. The best part by far was the milk and berries cake from Porto's Bakery supplied by Cherish. She really could have a second career as an event planner.




The presentation of everything was so perfect for a bridal shower. This lavender and white chocolate scone was mouth-watering. We played fun games like naming famous celeb couples (I rocked at that!) and guessing Christina's age in pictures of her growing up (not so good at that). It was so great to be included in her celebration and I cannot wait for the wedding in November. Doesn't everyone look so pretty?!


I ended my night by enjoying one of my party favors and finishing up Practice Test J. Champs in a mini bottle with a straw may just be my new drink of choice. Classy and fun, right?

On Sunday night I was thrilled to attend my first Kings game at Staples Center. Forget the Lakers, that place was made for hockey. I got the seats from a friend with season tickets and he sits in the upper corner behind the net, last row. Great spot to view the game. You can tell when you are sitting in a true hockey lover's seats. The goaltending by the Kings was horrendous and hearing people yelling at Garon to go back to Philly made my night. Thank goodness for Quick the Connecticut boy. It was a great excuse to head downtown and I can't wait to go back and see another game and enjoy some dinner in the area. It was a great weekend. Sometimes I don't know how I am going to leave this place.





No comments:

Post a Comment