Monday, November 11, 2013

Things I Am Excited For

November is pretty much my favorite month of the year. I absolutely love late fall- the weather, the clothes, the return of the red cups at Starbucks. It also happens to be the month of my birth and the month of my favorite holiday- Thanksgiving! It's a no stress holiday. The main focus is eating, not gift giving or decking the halls. You just find some comfy pants and enjoy the mashed potatoes.

The next few weeks are going to be hectic to say the least. Clinical exams to complete, oral pathology and prosth exams and more interviews. Aside from all the chaos there are a quite a few things to look forward to and I can't wait to enjoy them all.

...November Birthdays...
For years I was the only one in my friend group with a November birthday, but now most of my closest dental school friends share my birth month. It makes for pretty much a month long of celebrations. Between meeting up for drinks, theme parties and pot lucks, my social calendar is pretty full this month and I couldn't be happier.

Brian and Mike's 80s Birthday Bash

...Killer Sales...
Black Friday and the weeks before offers some of the best shopping of the year. Today I scored a new Michael Kors iPhone case for $10 at DSW. J.Crew Factory was offering an extra 25% off for cardholders. ASOS has been sending emails for clearance items up to 70% off. If there is something you have been lusting over, now is the time to get it. I used to get up super early to get the Black Friday sales, but now the savings goes on all month long and there is no need to wake early from your post-Thanksgiving Tryptophan coma.

...Interviews at Home...
I am getting an extra 48 hours of time at home because I have a few GPR interviews. Even though it is just 12 days before Christmas break begins, I am super happy to get some pre-holiday time with my boyfriend and family, celebrate my (belated) birthday at home and get some real pizza in early December. I have been thinking of having my birthday dinner with my boy at Union League Cafe in New Haven. I love going to my old favorites, but sometimes it's good to branch out and try something new.

...Courtney Loves Dallas...
I am super excited for the premiere of Courtney Kerr's new show on Bravo. Her style is impeccable and I am pretty sure if I lived in Texas we would be besties. Her wit, honesty and closet make her my absolute favorite blogger out there and I can't wait to be able to tune in on Thursdays and catch her antics and get style tips from every episode.

Blogger Courtney Kerr, whatcourtneywore.com



No comments:

Post a Comment