Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

My trainer Leandro is making us promise not to have any New Year's resolutions about dieting this year, or ever again for that matter. I signed up for a 6 week challenge at the gym in order to change for good, not just for a couple weeks into January when I generally fall off the wagon of whatever I said I was going to do (which is usually to be healthier). So today I stocked my fridge from Trader Joe's with all the essentials of my meal plan, spent a half hour nearly dying in Boot Camp after 3 weeks off and cooked a new healthy version of fried rice with egg whites, veggies and lots of hot sauce. It was no Chinese takeout by any means, but it was filling and I felt good about making a good choice. I know I'm not supposed to call it a resolution, but it sure does feel like the start of one. I'm willing to forgo the name if it means success though; I have a feeling Leandro is playing a Jedi Mind trick on me. Is there some secret to staying on track? If anyone knows please share.

Maybe it's the good post-workout feeling? That's something I wouldn't mind getting addicted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment