Thursday, January 10, 2013

Polka Dots Hit the Spot!


I've always been a sucker for stripes. My friends literally forbid me from buying anything striped when we are out shopping- especially navy and white. I can't help it! I love a little nautical inspiration in my wardrobe. For Christmas, however, my mom got me hooked on a new pattern- polka dots- and since then I have been seeing this trend everywhere! At first I thought maybe it should be saved for spring, but the other day I wore my winter fur trimmed vest over a chambray polka dotted shirt and it felt totally right for the blustery day. I felt like it added a little "happy" to my winter outfit which otherwise could have been a bit dreary with the muted color pallet. I think next I need to hunt down some really great fitting polka dot pants. The thing with a patterned bottom is that you want the fit to be really good for your body type because it will be drawing attention to your lower half. How do you feel about this new trend? Do dots hit the spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment