Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year...A Little Late

I was pretty horrendous about writing during my winter break. For one thing, I didn't bring my laptop home and I have no patience for typing on my Kindle. I was also just really busy. Making time for family and friends, going on interviews and keeping up with the hustle and bustle of the holiday can be exhausting. It was a wonderful Christmas though. I loved spending time with all my family, my own and Ell's, and I got some amazing gifts. I must have been pretty good this year. My mom always does an incredible job decking the halls. We have so much Christmas decor and so much of it was handmade by me growing up. I am excited to have my new grown up apartment next year, but I know I will want to spend time at the holidays in front of the fireplace admiring the tree at what will always really be home.


I feel like much of the break revolved around eating and drinking. Both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day consisted of multi-meal events as we went from house to house. Elliott and I polished off a bottle of our favorite Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc during a snowstorm. We really need to find a new favorite wine. That stuff is expensive! Seriously though, it's delicious. Treat yourself. It's worth the money. I am so happy to have been able to have my all my favorites- Abate pizza, lobster rolls (which I obnoxiously insisted on calling "Lobstah" all day") and stuffed shrimp. Now it's time to get back on track and start eating right. I stocked my fridge as soon as I got back with healthy foods and plan to start a 60 Day Xtend Barre Challenge this week. I got pretty obsessed with barre at the end of last semester. If you haven't given a class a try, you should definitely take one soon. The workout you get is intense, but you know it's toning you up so good. La Verne Xtend Barre gives you your first class free!


My main men and I <3

One of my most fun experiences during break was going to my first Giants game with my best friend and her family. It was a first-time experience like no other, especially sitting 18 rows from the field. It down poured through the entire game, but we didn't care. Our stomachs were full from the jumbo shrimp cocktail, ice cream, pulled pork sliders and Stellas we consumed in the 50 Club before the game. I loved watching warmups from the field. One of the girls from The Voice even sang the National Anthem. The rain may have kept our clothes soggy and our feet cold, but honestly the silly memories we made at the game will last forever. H and I even ended up on the JumboTron during the Dance Cam when they played Timber by Kesha. Day made!


We Love Us Some Eli!


My list of New Year's Resolutions seems to keep growing. Eat better. Try a new workout. Stop leaving my makeup all over the bathroom counter. Be more decisive. Organize my closet and do some serious wardrobe editing. It's no news to anyone that I love clothes and shoes and purses, but with the big move back to CT coming up I really need to clear out the stuff I don't wear or just doesn't make the grade for my new doctor status. My mom and I browsed through Banana Republic when shopping for last minute Christmas gifts and I found so many things I loved. So professional! But out with the old and in with the new (just a few things)! It has to be. Otherwise, I will never get all this stuff home. 

2014 is bound to be a good year. I have aptly named it the Year of the DMD. Finally! Only 10 years in the making. Seriously though, it was 10 whole years ago that I submitted my application for the UConn Dental Program. There have been a lot of ups and downs and changes to my master plan along the way, but I couldn't be happier with the way it has all turned out. Now I just need to make it until January 27th when the MATCH is revealed and my fate for next year is sealed. Wherever I end up, I am grateful for the support of Ell and my family. I may be the one earning the degree, but the fact that I have made it this far is a success for us all. 

Super happy to spending 2014 with this guy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment